Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Photo Highlights from the Magic Kingdom


A few highlights from my trip to the Magic Kingdom in 2009... 


...like the riverboat, the Liberty Belle, which seems to be the sister of the Mark Twain in Disneyland in California...




....and the pirates, which by the way, inspired me to

1) add a few songs from Disney's Peter Pan to my iPod...




2) watch Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time (the actor playing Jack Sparrow at Disney World was a riot, and of course I feel the same way about the film now!)





The horses, those inhabiting the carousel as well as the mosaics (beneath Cinderella's Castle)...




 ...and the crazy, wacky villains. I loved them so much that I bought a Disney Villains sweatshirt at Villains in Vogue, a store in Disney's Hollywood Studios. More on the Studios later.


 



On the sweeter side, Pooh's Playful Corner created a pretty night shot. Even though the photo ended up a little blurry, the effect was whimsical. It no longer exists, due to the construction of the New Fantasyland (which should be delightful as well).




One of my favorite shots captured the play of lights on an Alice and Wonderland topiary right outside the Mad Tea Party.





That's all for now, but speaking of Alice and Wonderland, I just found a seemingly enchanted mug depicting her and Cheshire Cat. Check it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Your comment will first be moderated for decency and drollness before posting to the public.