Friday, September 28, 2012

Retropolitan Coming to West Annapolis!

Yay! And I will say it again, yay!

For that fabulous purveyor of antiques and vintage, Retropolitan, is picking up stakes and moving from Ellicott City to West Annapolis. Annapolitans should count their lucky stars, since the store immerses shoppers in the glitzy, charming world of the Roaring '20s and onward. A fun shopping experience not to be missed.


Ellicott City will never be the same without this classy shop, but now, West Annapolis will never be the same either.

On my last visit to Retropolitan, while it still kept shop near the B&O Railroad tracks in old town Ellicott City, I discovered a pair of white and blue Italian leather slingbacks with very lady-like pointed toes and kitten heels. 


They had hardly been worn, and in fact, I believe a time-traveling cobbler must have made them just for me, since they fit that perfectly. Retropolitan's tag identified them as hailing from sometime in the 70s, from a line called "Jewel Box." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Your comment will first be moderated for decency and drollness before posting to the public.