Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baby back ribs, Irish stew, take your pick!

I have just posted new information on dining safely with food allergies at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg! After all, you don't want a run in with gluten (or whatever you're allergic to) putting a damper on your adventurous spirit during your travels. Go to "Make the Most of Your Visit" at the Unofficial Guide to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and click on "Food Allergies." Personally, I am leaning towards the scrumptious-sounding dining at Trapper's Smokehouse in New France and Grogan's Grill in Killarney.




UPDATE!

Gluten-Free Pizza!
When I visited Busch Gardens Williamsburg in late April, I ended up eating at Das Festhaus in Germany, which provided excellent gluten-free dietary accomodations. A very gracious staff member assisted me in ordering a delicious Solterra Foods gluten-free cheese pizza, which was baked in a special non-burn bag that prevented cross-contamination with the wheat pizzas in the oven (a must for anyone with celiac sprue). They also served spicy German sausage and sweet German potato salad, a real treat. If you want to dine gluten-free at Das Festhaus, or any of the park's restaurants, arrive a little before or after the lunch hour, so that staff can best assist you.

Anyway, to gluten free dining: hopefully, I can try a different eatery each time I visit--Grogan's Grill was closed the day I visited, so it is on my list for next time, since I hear that Annie's Irish Stew is classic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Your comment will first be moderated for decency and drollness before posting to the public.